Friday, October 29, 2010

OMG TYPHOOON

Well, not really. There is going to be a typhoon in Tokyo on sunday or something, but its just raining here in Kyoto. Not that I mind. :)

So far, I am thoroughly enjoying myself. Although, it is technically only day 2 of my adventure. And I realize that that`s pretty soon for an update, considering I wrote yesterday morning. But, I am attempting to take advantage of the computer while I can, since I am not really sure how often I will be able to use it in the coming months. 

Yesterday, we spent the day going around and visiting random shrines and temples. I saw one that was made of gold! It was beautiful. Though, it is normally surrounded by cherry blossoms and I, unfortunately, just happen to be around when they are not in bloom. Damn.

We also went downtown, which is not nearly as crowded as I thought that it was going to be, and just kind of wandered. The clothing is pretty expensive (as I suspected), but the style is so different than home that I wish I could afford it. And then we dined at a restaurant called `Ninja Sweets`, and I thoroughly enjoyed the waitress` and hostess` dressed as ninja`s.

We then had Pizza from pizza hut for dinner.. that was unexpected. And I am still slightly affected by the jet-lag so I ended up going to bed quite early (like 1030). I know, what a pansy. ;)

The transit system here makes me so jealous. Not only is it fast, but it takes you absolutely everywhere. No matter where you want to go in the city, all you have to do is maneuver the train/bus system and you are good to go. Unlike Edmonton, where everything takes forever, you have to transfer buses or trains every half hour or whatever, and you normally have to walk a fair distance before you get anywhere. Stupid buses. 

I am getting slightly paranoid about my trip to the Philippines though. I am doing fine navigating here because I have a guide who knows where she is going, and how to talk to people if she doesn`t. And bus systems is pretty much what i am relying on. I dont know how I am going to manage in the next countries. 
But, here is to hoping for a little good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment