Monday, November 22, 2010

Siquijor and Others.

For the past five days, I have spent my time with an Irish man by the name of Steve, traveling around the southern bit of the Philippines. We did about two days of traveling after enjoying a bit of time in Boracay (which was much too touristy for me), and then ended up in Dumagaete.

Dumagaete was an awesome experience for me. Not only because the time was amazing, but it really helped me realize that I am not here to do things like 'cave excursions' and see waterfalls and whatever else. I am here to enjoy my time with the people of Philippines, and those that I meet along the way. Yeah, the other stuff is a good plus, and it's nice to sightsee because yeah, thats another reason I am here. But if I am not doing that stuff, and I am just enjoying my time on the beach with friends, or in the city with the locals, I am completely content.

I am now situated on Siquijor island, just off of Negros. It's supposed to be a spooky, witch-doctor island type thing. We didn't see much today, just enjoyed our time riding around on a mo-ped we rented for the day. It was fun, but the locals here aren't as nice as the ones in other places, and the beaches aren't as nice either. Hoping to see some witch-doctors and healers tomorrow.

PS - Not missing the cold. Thats my update for now kids. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment