Monday, November 29, 2010

SIIIINNGGGG-apore.

Alriiight. So Cebu turned out to be not so bad. I actually really enjoyed myself. Especially meeting my new friends, Amy and Edward, some Filipino's working at the guesthouse that Steve and I ended up staying in. 
I enjoyed my time going to the club, and seeing the infamous Cebu Inmates Dance. It was quite a riot actually, and it's really nice to see that there is actually an effort in certain cities to change crime. I mean, kind of. The kids on the streets managed to rob Steve of 700 pesos, almost getting him into a fight with the man who is obviously in control of them, but you know. Small things at a time I guess..

What else can I say? I've finally left the Philippines. I spent the day at a beach while it was raining here in Singapore. I managed to make a group of friends here in my hostel already, and I only arrived about 24 hours ago. Well... aquaintances at the moment. But one is a canadian girl from Montreal, so thats nice. The others are - surprise surprise - FILIPINO'S!! All here to find jobs in Singapore to make some more money. Of course, thats not as easy as you would think. Alot of places refuse to hire foreigners. But they are still very persistant, which is one of the things that I found out about these people; Just how far they can push themselves on something without giving in.

I am SO EXCITED TO SEE DON!!!!!!! It will be so nice to see family. :) Time is going by faster these days, which is surprising for me. Its already been a month, can you believe it?! I can't. 
Only 7 months left kids.

1 comment:

  1. WHAAATT!!!??? 7 MONTHS??? i thought u were only gone for 6 months!!! ohgawds =(.

    When are u goin to Laos???

    ReplyDelete