Sunday, December 5, 2010

Goin' home in a bag..

I have to admit, I was definitely spoiled in Singapore. Going from horrible accommodation to really good, back to really not that great once again is a hard thing to do. 

Don finally arrived on the second of December, and so far we've had a blast. Or at least, I have. Don spent the first few days extremely jet lagged, and so I guess it was a little hard to REALLY enjoy himself, but I am having fun with someone I can share jokes with easily and etc. 

We are now located in Kuala Lumpur of Malaysia, and I feel almost like I am back in the big cities of the Philippines, except it's a bit cleaner. Oh and I don't have to worry about whether or not kids are going to surround me in the street and pick-pocket me with those skilled little hands. Which, I must admit is really a nice thing to not have to think about. The people, so far, in Malaysia are not nearly as forward as those in the Philippines, and they are not nearly as obvious about staring at me. Which is nice as well. Though the transit system, we discovered today is somewhat shit. It's almost like being back in Edmonton :) bnr.

We get outta this dingy place tomorrow though, up into Cameron Highlands where there are waterfalls to see, jungles to trek, and hot weather to escape. I am really excited, after over a week of being in them, to finally get out of the large cities and into some wilderness. 

I must admit, I really do miss my traveling companions from the Philippines. I met some really great people there, and in Singapore as well. I think about them alot, and often find myself wondering "would this person like this" or "what are they doing right now". And I love it. Not missing the people, but really know that I've made some wicked friends along the way that I hope to keep in contact with even when I get home. 

Ven, to answer your question cause I am lazy and don't want to write to you on facebook, while making you famous in an entry at the same time, I will be in Laos mid jan/beginning of feb. :)
And now to get back to whinging Uncle Don. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. xD Cool thanks~ lol

    How exciting =) I want postcard =O I can't wait ~

    ReplyDelete