Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Funtime Suzan

The past few weeks have gone by so fast, and alot of decisions and good times have passed within that time.

One, my birthday was heaps of fun. It was basically a three day party in Vang Vieng, Laos where you just hop in a tube, float down the river that's lined with bars that you can get buckets of alcohol while swinging on trapeze type swings into the deep water at intense heights. I know, I thought it was a dangerous combination as well. But still, it was a lot of fun to escape from serious travel, being on and off the road and spending up to fourteen hours on a bus to just going dancing for a few days.

Before this, we spent four days in beautiful French xolonial Luang prabang. It was a good place to just sit by the river and enjoy te scenery while having a cheap fifty cent banana shake and reading a book, or squeezing your way through te bustling night market trying to get to a perfect little food alley where you can get dollar bowls of delicous soup. There were some beautiful waterfalls about sixteen k out of the city that were well worth the intense climb up a steep mountain to see. Really, the climb wouldn't have been so itense had it not had to be done right after our two day trek through the mountains. But, what do you do!!

I am now sitting in an Internet cafe in Vientiane, waiting to recieve my Vietnamese visa and just hanging out. This city doesn't have alot going for it in terms of tourism. It's already a teiving city (compared to The rest of sleepy Laos), it doesn't really need the tourism I suppose.

My traveling companions have headed off in front of me so as to get some time to themselves, but I may meet up with them again in a few days time. If not, I thoroughly enjoyed them and I am really glad I got to experience traveling with them. Onwards!

Funtime Suzan, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment