Sunday, February 6, 2011

Border Troubles..

Well all, it's finally happened. I managed to get myself stuck. After enjoying a week of island life surrounded by the mighty Mekong in the 4000 Islands of Laos, I find myself stuck at the border crossing between Vietnam and Laos because of the new year. Awesome. So all I do now is stand around waiting for a bus or mini bus to pass me by in little Donsavanh to take me in. That, or pay tons of money I can no longer afford. I kist have to hope that it happens before my Laos visa runs out. Fingers crossed!!

From here, when I finally get in I will be making my way to the north of Vietnam to Hanoi, hopefully meeting up with jonny and Adam from the south of Thailand, and enjoying mytime with them for a few weeks.

Time has gone by so fast in Laos. I don't feel like I have been here for three and a half weeks. I blame that on my lovely adoptive family that I've left behind in Don Det to start a new bit of my trip without. But I think that I have finally reached that point ( halfway through my trip), if I am alone and I don't like it, I will approach people an make tem like me. At least for the day, or a few.

Funny story, I managed to do that when I originally left Don Det. I left to go north for the remainder of my time, ended up meeting a bunch of people in the guesthose I was staying in and then just going back south with them instead. I was a day behind them, but who cares! I really enjoyed their company. Better late than never to learn a skill, no?

Over 100 days in! Go me! :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you make it past, Tera!!! I'm glad you're so strong... I look up to you a lot.

    GO YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete