Saturday, February 26, 2011

Shit-tastic.

So, despite the initial like for Vietnam, and all the good that kind of came from it, I've still been ripped off, I've still had some traumatic experiences, and I've still managed to lose stuff along the way. I have no managed to lose both my iPod touch (sorry Darby :( ), and my wallet that just happened to contain my Visa. Thats right, I went through the whole of the past four months not losing a single thing (well, except a few articles of clothes), and now I've lost two of the most important ones. Damn. Ah well. A big thing I've learned on this trip is either you brood and be miserable, or you move on and realize it's not the biggest deal and life goes on.
I've also come to learn how to be more patient, and a little less strong-headed about things. A little. It helps to be traveling with three other strong headed girls who have strong opinions of your own, and when they are all from the same place and good friends and all you want is to make sure your new friends don't like you, you tend to let them have their way alot easier. But, I kind of like that. It means I've gained a bit more patience. 

I've decided not to go to the north at all. When I lost my wallet, I also lost some money within the wallet. My train ticket money. And so I can't really afford to go to the north. so instead, my time in Vietnam has been limited to just the middle and the south. I don't really mind though. It means more time with the Campos girls and the dynamic Matt and Leah. I am getting upset at the thought of parting ways with them, which is merely five days away. So sad to face the facts, and when you've booked your plane ticket to your next destination, it's pretty much impossible to pretend it's not going to happen. 

Vietnamese people seem to get a little bit more friendly as you move from the Norther bit to the Southern bit. The people here are so much more friendly, even the ones in Saigon. And let me tell you, Saigon is a pretty intense place that you wouldn't expect people to have the patience to be nice in. Vietnam has also proven to be a lot cheaper than it was expected to be. I mean, its even cheaper than Laos, and I mean that place is not exactly the richest place. It confuses me a little, I'm not going to lie. 

I'm getting freaked out at the thought of coming home. I know that everything at home has changed a lot. I mean, I have a new baby brother! And I know that friends have changed, lives have moved on to new things . It's going to be hard to cope with, and get used to. But I suppose I have changed a lot too, and that will be something to deal with as well. Eerything in due time, I suppose. 

For now, I am going to enjoy the hot weather, the intense feeling I get whenever I attempt to cross the street because of the fear of being hit by about 50 scooters/motorbikes, and the ocean just next door. Oh, and in only ten days, Talon. Hooray! It sure will be nice to have a little piece of home. 

Missing home, but not ready to leave.

4 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I'm so sorry you lost some of your things. ): But I'm glad to hear that you're still having a good time regardless of the not-so-good things. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shit... that sucks that you lost some important stuff. :( Sorry about that...
    Oh, and don't worry about me. I haven't changed at all. XD Still the same me!!
    I hope you meet up with Talon safely! Have fun with him and enjoy Vietnam! <3

    -Athena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you lose your visa card, or your country visa? The money thing kind of sucks, but losing your country visa sucks more. Hope you are looking at a lost "Visa" card, which is no big deal: I leave them all over bars in the new world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just lost my visa card. It would be pretty catasastrophic if I lost my country visa. Thanks for pointing that out, it makes me feel a bit better. :P

    ReplyDelete